Saturday, July 3, 2010





I went to the book store today and read part of Martha Stewarts' Encyclopedia of sewing and fabric crafts. This book got some poor reviews online. But I must say, this book is pretty spectacular! My mother's friend is giving me her sewing machine which I am really excited about.
She has a really good heavy duty machine, I think it just needs to be serviced. Anyway, with her book and a bit of creativity, you can do all sorts of things......duvets, towels, clothes there is even a section on embroidery ( which I am fascinated at) dying techniques, and using bias tape for crafts. This book is great for beginners! You can get it online from amazon for 20 dollars. but it was 35 at the book store ( still a great deal for all the info that you get).After look at it, I am convinced that I can sew. Thanks Martha! good things, good things!


Anyway yesterday, there was a chill in the air down here! It almost felt like the first day of fall. Which was wonderful. We drove around St. Simon's Island during the evening time, and say a few deer in some of the driveways of houses. It was just really relaxing to get out for awhile. Especially to a place like that. Wish I lived there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to let you know that this blog post was copied here: http://sewing-machine-cabinets.bompus.com/2010/07/my-own-private-idaho/
    I found one of my own on there accidently and thought you might want to know! Feel free to delete this comment, it was the easiest way to contact you!

    ReplyDelete